Obama in Cairo
Okay, okay . . . I know this post is a little late…but it has given me time to read and dissect Obama’s much anticipated speech to the Muslim world. In addition, I have read various news accounts and political pundit’s analyses of the speech and what they believe the significance might be.
Now it’s my turn. I have developed a four part series highlighting the most important issues as I see them. The articles are as follows:
- Part I – Islam and Religious Freedom…A Dilemma
- Part II – Palestinian/Israeli Conflict
- Part III – Why does Osama Bin Laden Hate Obama?
- Part IV – Confusing Turnaround on Iran’s Nuclear Capability
Several years ago, through quite unusual circumstances, God gave me a love…a supernatural love for my Moslem Arab cousins. This despite the fact that some of my Arab cousins have waged a fifty year war to destroy Israel and appear to hate the Jewish people. As I shared in the very first TJCR blog, I know that one day soon God will change all of that. I preface this article with a personal revelation because I want you to know that I am speaking what I believe is the truth not with rancor or anger but in love.
Part I – Islam and Freedom of Religion…A Dilemma
Shortly into President Obama’s Cairo speech he stated the following:
I have come to seek a new beginning between the United States and Muslims around the world; one based upon mutual interest and mutual respect; and one based upon the truth that America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap and share common principles – principles of justice and progress; tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.
There are two ideas in that Obama’s statement that are just plain wrong. He says:
- Islam is not exclusive and not competitive with us and…
- Islam is tolerant and believes in the dignity of all men.
Along with President Obama, President George W. Bush and others have tried to assert for political reasons that somehow Islam is a peaceful religion and that radical Moslem terrorists have hijacked this peaceful Islamic religion.
This is a myth…a political fable
9-11 Terrorist Attack
The truth is that Islam is intolerant, aggressively competitive and violent at its core. Why. . . because its base theology teaches this. Islam’s objective is not to coexist peacefully in a tolerant world of religious freedom but to convert the world to Islam, if necessary, at the point of a sword. Every Muslim knows this because it is preached in mosques throughout the world.
Here are a few examples from Islam’s holy books:
- “O Ye who believe! Murder those of the unbelievers…and let them find harshness in you.” [Koran, Repentance: 123]
- “Humiliate the non-Muslims to such an extent that they surrender and pay tribute.” [Koran, Repentance: 29]
- According to the Koran, the Jews try to introduce corruption (5:64), have always been disobedient (5:78), and are the enemies of Allah, the Prophet (Mohammed) and the angels (2:97-98)
- A Muslims life is spared even if he kills a Christian intentionally, while a Muslim may only be required to die if he kills another Muslim. On the other hand, if a non-Muslim merely curses a Muslim, he must either be sentenced to death or be converted on the spot. The reason, as Mohammed said is that only Muslims’ blood is regarded equal.
- As hundreds of thousands of Iranian Bahais found out when Ayatollah Khomeini took power, “any non-Muslim who is not a Jew or Christian is to be immediately executed if they do not convert on the spot to Islam. Jews and Christians are allowed to keep their religion as second class slaves with no civil rights and extra taxes not paid by Muslims.”
Plain and simple…that the world be unified under the crescent moon flag of Islam.
The US and Western Europe are democracies which hold religious freedom as a fundamental right. However, these democracies envision a free environment based on the assumption that all religions coexist peacefully.
This is where things go terribly wrong.
Since Islam’s objective is that the world be converted by whatever means necessary it is by definition subversive and anti-democratic. Islam will simply use the freedom found in the west to subvert a country’s freedom and accomplish its religious objective.
So what does the US and other democratic countries do?
To outlaw the Moslem faith and expel all adherents to Islam would get the job done but would be by definition anti-democratic and contradictory to our own constitutional principle of religious freedom. There is no doubt that there are many nominal/secular in name only Moslems that would be perfectly happy to live a peaceful life in a free society.
However, knowing the true agenda of the radical Islamists and the aggressive combative nature of Islam’s theology, to let Islam grow within our borders unabated would be self defeating and dangerous to the future of freedom in the US.
Our founding fathers never envisioned that the constitution’s very freedoms would be used to undermine its existence by a religion that is subversive to its existence.
What is the answer?
An answer to this dilemma requires the wisdom of Solomon. The only answer I can offer is to pray for a spiritual revival in this country and wait for God to move supernaturally to resolve the Middle East Arab/Israeli crisis as described in the Final Arab/Jewish War.
Remember – There is only one God. He is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of Israel; and His agenda trumps all others!
Be sure to read Part II – Palestinian/Israeli Conflict, posting tomorrow!
~The views contained in The Joel Chernoff Report are not necessarily views held by the MJAA~